I have a lot to catch up on in this post, so I hope you're ready! Here goes...
First off, the fabulous Leann of See Leann Knit nominated me for a One Lovely Blog Award! Thanks, Leann! I love reading Leann's blog because her stuff always comes out looking professional and lately she has started spinning and dyeing up some very beautiful stuff, which she sells in her Etsy shop. Very pretty - check it out!
I guess I'm supposed to pass the award on to five other blogs that I like. Leann is on that list, but I think it would be cheating to pass it back, so here are five other noteworthy reads, in no particular order (I'm trying not to repeat blogs I have given some love to in the past, so don't feel bad if you're not on the list--I still love you, really!):
1) A Mingled Yarn - I originally found this blog through some of Elizabeth Klett's fabulous designs on Ravelry, and continued reading it because she creates some fabulous FOs. She sews too! Plus, she is an English prof so she's a smarty and gives good book reviews. :)
2) Shut Up and Knit! - This blog CRACKS. ME. UP. She says the things that I think but never say out loud. It's a good read. 'Nuff said.
3) The Yarniad - I originally started reading this blog because I saw some photos of her fabulous FOs on someone else's blog. I continued reading it because she continues to crank them out! Check out some of her original designs. I have plans to make my own Trina soon.
4) Sassy Does It - Another very funny blog written by a smarty with good taste. Have I mentioned before how much I enjoy smart blogs? One of my new favorites.
5) Knitting With a Y - Yes, another shameless plug for my little brother. He's just like me, except he's a guy, 10 years younger (10?!? Really???), and his FOs are always perfect. Oh, and he's a fabulous writer too.
I wish I could report that since my last post I have been a workout fiend, lost 10 pounds, and now have butt cheeks of steel. But...that post will have to wait. A long time. I have been working out, although no more than once or twice a week. But thank you to everyone who commented to let me know I'm not alone in this! Still very busy. Still can't talk about it (yet!). I know, it's obnoxious to say I'm working on stuff and then not talk about it. I hate it when people do that! Why bother mentioning it at all?!? I guess I just wanted to see what it's like to be one of those people who are always doing "secret knitting" and stuff. Umm...it's not really as much fun as you would think. :-P
But I did manage to find a sunny day and a photographer and get some photos of some FOs. Yay photos!
First off, my Flutter top, by Norah Gaughan. You may remember that the neckline is waaaay too tight, and that the armholes are bordering on cutting off circulation (see photo). I debated ripping it all back and loosening things up, but a few of you mentioned that the cotton should stretch out some, and frankly: I'm always willing to listen to people who tell me what I want to hear. So I'm considering this one done.
Secondly, I finally got some modelled shots of my Cassidy hoodie by Bonne Marie Burns! Not much to say here, I just wanted to post the pics.
And lastly, my Shetland Triangle by Evelyn Clark. I don't think I ever blogged about this. It was a super quick knit and I only did it so I could use up some of my old stash yarn. Love the Malabrigo Silky Merino, love the simple pattern, and I love the stash busting! It took less than two skeins and now I have a cute little shawlette/scarf.
Speaking of stash busting, I cheated a little and put some yarn up for sale that I knew I wasn't going to get to. I was amazed at how quickly most of it disappeared! If I had known it would be that easy, I would have done it a long time ago! :)