OK, so I decided to do some work on my MS3 because...well, because I have 3 sweaters waiting in the wings that I really would rather get to! Plus, I'm one of those people who loathes to leave things unfinished, and I would really rather finish one thing before I move on to another. I'm the same way with food: I have to eat all my fries before touching my burger, etc.
Anyway, I'm halfway through Clue 6 now:
It doesn't look much different than my last progress pic, but I can see the difference! I had to join my second skein of yarn and I tried the method Eunny Jang describes on her blog. It was a bit tricky, especially since the Misti Alpaca laceweight that I'm using is very frail. I separated it into 2 strands, but each strand by itself is so wispy that it kept just...disintegrating. I finally managed to get it done but there are a couple stitches in there that only use one strand and I really hope they don't break during blocking. I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope for the best.
Speaking of frail, since the new rows of the wing are picked up one stitch every other row from the end of the main body, those stitches that have been sitting there for ages waiting to be picked up are getting quite worn. I swear, if this stole falls apart on me before I'm done, I'm going to...well I don't know what I'm going to do but it will probably involve a bonfire!
On a happier note, my "DVD knitting" project is going quite well:
It's my Cherry Twist tank top without the cherry and without the twist. Yes, I know it looks really small, but the pattern does say that it is very close-fitting. I did try on the progress so far and it stretches quite well. (To get an idea of the scale, the ribbed top section actually goes around the shoulders and the body as is falls right below my bust.) I would have taken pictures of it while I was wearing it, but The Brain isn't home right now and I'm no expert with cameras and mirrors. I'll take another picture soon.