Saturday, August 11, 2007

2 Steps Forward, 3 Steps Back

Someone must have put a jinx on me at birth or something. Just when I thought everything was going well, I ended up with an extra stitch on my stole and couldn't figure out where for the life of me. I ended up frogging back to the end of Clue 4.

It wasn't pretty. Neither is the picture, and for that I apologize. I have never been a good photographer so I guess it's a good thing I ditched the filmmaking program I was in and went to grad school instead, huh?

I managed to clean everything up and get back to where I was with the correct number of stitches by the end of the evening. But by that point I was kind of sick of looking at the thing so I went online to look at some better-behaved yarn and ended up buying yarn for another sweater I've been wanting to make for a while.

Someone needs to take my credit card away from me because I can't be trusted with it! Buying new yarn is like an emotional salve: the yarn I have is misbehaving so I should buy new, better yarn to compensate! Uh...yeah. Then, as if I wasn't feeling guilty enough about the added expense, The Brain came home from running errands and announced that he had dropped his cell phone in the parking lot and now the antenna wouldn't work or something. Great. Two days after his warranty runs out, the guy drops the phone and we have to drop $150 or so to replace it.

Did I mention I'm jinxed?

Good thing I managed to resist ordering a few knitting books from Amazon. But I am positively drooling over Annie Modesitt's latest and I know where my spending money is going next!

No comments: