Saturday, April 26, 2008

Job Interview

I am usually one of those people who doesn't talk unless I have something to say, but whenever I'm nervous or around particularly quiet people I have a tendency to talk nonstop, without any control or knowledge of what exactly what I'm babbling on about.

I had a job interview on Thursday. I have been kicking myself ever since because I have the distinct feeling that I actually said, "If there's a way to solve a problem, I just do it and I don't freak out. That's just the way I roll."

That's just the way I roll?!?

Yeah, that's right. I may have two bachelors degrees and a masters, but I can still kick it with the high school kids. Hire me! I'll bring some well-deserved playground flavor to your organization!

Good grief. To make myself feel better, I headed to the LYS, Knitting in La Jolla, and picked up some of this:

Curious Creek Fibers superwash Wasonga sock yarn, in the Emerald City colorway. I don't knit socks, but I am addicted to Berroco's free Jacoby fingerless gloves pattern, so that's my plan for this luscious stuff. Whew! It made me feel better immediately.

I also picked up Norah Gaughan, Volume 2 because I am also addicted to her patterns. Not that I have time for anything new quite yet.

I'm plugging away on the Hanami stole and the Something Red sweater, but I'm about to go flop on my couch and knit up some swatches for the Auburn Camp Shirt and a hoodie for my little sister. Gauge swatching. Good times!

3 comments:

Yarndude said...

That auburn camp shirt is really cute! And perfect for that cold California weather, eh?

Ally Jay said...

Well Good luck with the job anyway. Perhaps they didn't hear your faux pas. Love the Emerald Colourway, can't wait to see the end results.

amanda said...

good luck! That doesnt sound that bad to me :)