Friday, January 4, 2008

No Pics! Boo!

So it seems that my no-so-trusty camera decided it wasn't going to work today. It could be because it doesn't have any batteries in it, but I wouldn't put it past the camera to have some other sneaky reason. So...no progress pictures of my Keyhole Top. It's not that exciting anyway. I'm only about halfway done with the belt.

I can, however, share with you the fact that I was at Anthropologie the other day checking out their sale stuff and they had a couple sweaters from Twinkle, Wenlan Chia's line. Now, I've browsed through her book Twinkle's Big City Knits before and thought the stuff looked fun, but really not for me. But after actually holding one of those big, soft, chunky sweaters...all I want to do is run out and find yarn as big around as my thumb (where do you get yarn that thick, anyway?) and knit me up a giant, squooshy sweater! I probably don't need one here in Southern California, but...I like to be prepared. ;-) Both her books are going back up on my Amazon Wish list!

Speaking of books, I was also at Barnes & Noble today picking up the latest Vogue Knitting issue, and I checked out the book Sensual Knits by Yahaira Ferreira. OMIGOD, I'm in love! I have to get this book and knit at least half the stuff in it! This book is full of sweaters knit in body-skimming shapes with the most lovely-looking yarn. They look so nice that the camisoles alone are enough to motivate me to get back into a regular running routine...but these sweaters will look good on anyone. As soon as my student loan money comes in (ahem, I mean as soon as I get my paycheck for being a student and working for free), I'm ordering this book.

2 comments:

amanda said...

Hmm...I might have to check out some of those books!

Jacey said...

I'm also interested in the Sensual Knits book. There are so many awesome pattern books out right now! I could go broke buying books alone. ;)