Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Holy Time Warp, Batman!

Wow, I had no idea it had been this long since I posted last! Well, that's what family weddings, baby showers, trips back to college, etc. will do to your time. Oh yeah, and I have also been frantically working on several projects too.

My sister's baby blanket is about 75% completed, and it's lucky for me that she still hasn't popped the thing out yet because that gives me time to finish it up before she does. Progress pic:


I also fell down the rabbit hole and joined MS3 (before it even started, actually...I read about it on someone's blog). I even convinced my college-age brother to join! (Yup, he's getting into knitting too. LOL) Luckily for both of us, since we're both broke students, I had happened across a bead/yarn store that was going out of business last month and had everything at really steep discounts. I picked up some Misti Lace Alpaca because I liked the colors but I didn't know what to do with it. Voila! The perfect project for my stash!

I am using a sort of brownish-green with olive/metallic beads from Bobby Bead:


The Brain and I also had to decide on a place to live when we move in 2 and a half weeks, which we did yesterday. Now there's a mad scramble to get different moving options to give us quotes and get them approved, start packing, etc. I haven't started panicking yet...just give me a week.

And before I leave I have to knit my mother a purse out of some chunky Malabrigo (LOOOOOVE the Malabrigo!) because she saw the purse I made for myself and wanted one just like it to match a shawl she picked up in Rome last spring.

On the left: my purse, made from 2 balls of Classic Elite Desert. On the right: 3 hanks of Malabrigo chunky, all balled up together. Beautiful!

No comments: