Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Birthday Surprises

Also titled: Why I Love My Husband

Yesterday was my birthday. I am now Officially Old plus one. Except that I don't feel old. And I'm not depressed about my age, just the fact that I have no career right now. I'm blaming that one on the economy. If the economy wasn't horrible, I would have a career (hopefully one that I enjoyed) and life would be just peachy.

Besides, how can you be depressed about your birthday when your husband surprises you with a Year of Lace?!?!? The Brain, and here I have to give him a lot of credit because he has historically been not the best gift-secret keeper, signed me up for the Year of Lace over a month ago and never ever gave it away!!! Not even when I bemoaned the passing of the sign-up deadline, or sighed around the apartment one evening after learning that there were still a few spots left, or even when I was depressed about my lack of a job because I could have signed myself up for the club if I had the income at my disposal. (You heard that right--for a brief period of time, I actually wished I had a job not so that I could actually use my education or have a fulfilling career, but so I could buy yarn. I'm hoping a job will come soon and knock that out of my head.)

I am so excited about this club, I hardly know what to do. The first shipment comes in March and I cannot wait. Do I have the best husband, or what?

I will have a knitting update soon. Promise!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! You lucky girl, you. Can't wait to see the lace loveliness.

And it totally makes sense that you would want a job to buy yarn. Why else would anyone get a job?

Julie said...

Ooohh... I can't wait to start seeing FO's!

Yarndude said...

You know, I have a job and I *still* can't afford yarn. I'm excited to see all the cool yarns you get for the year of lace.

Team Knit said...

That is truly a fantastic birthday gift!!! Wow, he's a keeper. I'm going to show this post to my finace...:P

- Julie

Jacey said...

Happy birthday! That's a very nice gift, and really appropriate for your love of lace.

Susan said...

Happy Birthday! What a sweet gift indeed. That is sooo thoughtful of your DH.