Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We Can!

I am so deliriously happy today, but also profoundly disappointed.











I am so proud of my country, and excited to be able to turn the corner as a nation. I am extremely excited to have a president I can be proud of and not embarrassed by. I can't even remember what that feels like.

But I am also deeply ashamed of my state. If it looks like discrimination and it acts like discrimination, then that is exactly what it is. We should all be fighting to put an end to the legalization of this discrimination, regardless of personal, sometimes religious, viewpoints on the matter. That's all I have to say (for now) on the subject.




* * * * *

In knitting news, does anyone know the best way to wind a 1650 yd. hank of laceweight? I picked up the beautiful Autumn Arbor Shawl kit from the Woolen Rabbit as soon as it was released a while back and ever since then I have been perplexed by this blob of yarn as big as my head. It's absolutely gorgeous and I won't be getting to it for a while, but...DAMN! That's one ginormous hunk of yarn!

3 comments:

Cookie said...

California is a hard state for a lot of people to understand. So forward moving and thinking, yet shamefully backward in a lot of ways.

How about a ball winder and a swift for the yarn? Wind slowly and evenly. That's what I do with big hanks of lace weight. It will take a little time, but shouldn't be a problem.

Hilary said...

Mmm...is that red velvet cake? What a great way to celebrate! Except I agree that the passing of 8 put a huge damper things. BOO.

That laceweight sure is gorgeous...as for winding, I agree with cookie about the ball winder and swift. And that you must go slowly!

Anonymous said...

ME too! I knit and I put that in my blog, Americans smart, Californians not so.

Well I was really disappointed in Californians too.