Tuesday, October 4, 2011

FO Tour

I was hoping to get back to the blog sooner but I've been so busy lately that some days I don't even turn on my computer.  I'm out of town for a while now (more on that tomorrow, hopefully) so how about a drive-by FO post?  I had a whole bunch of projects without FO photos on Ravelry, so last week I made a list, dragged my tripod out to my deck, and did my best to get some shots done.  Here they are!

Pattern: Belle Nuit by Sivia Harding
Yarn: Curious Creek Fibers Meru
Notes: This was the final installment of the Year of Lace club.  I replaced the blue beads with ones that more closely matched the color of the yarn.
Pattern: Daybreak by Stephen West
Yarn: Crystal Palace Mini Mochi and ONLine Linie 33 Cosmo
Notes: Large enough to be warm but soft enough to bundle around my neck.

Pattern: Koukla by Hilary Smith Callis
Yarn: Aslan Trends Invernal
Notes: It still needs buttons, but it always takes me a while to get around to those. :-/  Love the finishing details (hems, pockets, folded down collar).
Pattern: Laccaria by Norah Gaughan
Yarn: Rowan Wool Cotton
Notes: A simple knit with some interesting front details.
Pattern: Striped Snowball Blanket by Sirdar
Yarn: Sirdar Baby Snowball
Notes: This yarn was an impulse purchase one day at work.  It was quick and easy but kind of annoying to work with.  The end result though is a blanket that feels like a cloud; super soft and snuggly...on one side.  The other side is a web of nylon cording and not too pleasant.  The ends were also a pain to finish because they had to be sewn down with a needle and thread.
Pattern: Sweet Jazz by Samantha Roshak
Yarn: Ella Rae Lace Merino
Notes: Quick and easy lace shawlette.  I really like the elongated crescent shape.  It's easy to wear as a scarf or a shawlette.

5 comments:

crookedknits said...

Is the Koukla being held closed with a dpn? I used to us a giant cable hook to hold a shawl closed before it was blocked. I definitely had some making fun of because of that one.

PS I made an apple butter peanut butter sandwich for lunch the other day. It was amazing. Have one with me today too!

Jacey said...

Quite a parade, my friend! Wow, you've been busy! I especially love Laccarir; it's such a wearable knit.

Cookie said...

Now I can see why you've been too busy to update. Such beautiful handknits!

Hilary said...

Wow...stunning FO parade as usual. And you made a Koukla! And it is gorgeous!!! I absolutely love the yarn and color you chose and it looks so great on you.

Yarndude said...

Wow! So many FOs!